Photobucket
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

You are not connected. Please login or register

Discussion of Season 1 Episodes 1 & 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Discussion of Season 1 Episodes 1 & 2 on Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:21 pm

NOTE---This thread is for the discussion of Season 1, Episodes 1 & 2 ONLY ! Please start another thread to talk about other Episodes.

Because the first two episodes of the first season were the only episodes written by Lauren Faust herself, and because the first two episodes introduce the mane characters, and set the tone for the entire series, I thought that they deserved a thread all of their own. Please post your comments and feelings about how and when you first saw the first two episodes.

Here are my impressions---

I first saw and have watched the first two episodes of the first season of MLP-FIM on YouTube. I learned at BronyCon that Lauren Faust wrote the first two episodes, and after that other writers took over and produced the scripts for the remaining first season episodes. Lauren stated at one of the BronyCon panels that she wanted to 'connect' with little girls, and try to empower them to think and apply motivational concepts in their lives. She wanted each of the Mane Six Pony characters, as well as the other Ponies, to be a different model of what a girl's life could be or would be like growing up, so that many different girls in different life situations could still identify with one or more of the life situations of the Little Ponies. The appeal of the first two episodes shows that concept very well. Adults that watch the first two episodes will see that the stage and background information is set up, and the characters are introduced, but the level of presentation is strictly that of being towards the target audience, that of little girls and teen girls. It isn't until later in the series that the writers begin to develop stories that are on dual levels, that is, one story level for children and teens, and enough additional story material and situations included to be appealing to adults, too. Given this premise, I thought that the first two episodes were done well.

View user profile http://www.thenewmlpfimforums.forumotion.com

2 Re: Discussion of Season 1 Episodes 1 & 2 on Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:03 am

The beginning of the first episode is what throws everyone off, it's very fairy tale-ish. The first two episodes of the first season aren't really that good of an indicator of the show as a whole, I liked them much better after I went back and watched them having completed season 2.

3 Re: Discussion of Season 1 Episodes 1 & 2 on Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:20 pm

Thistle

Ailourophile
The Doctor wrote:The beginning of the first episode is what throws everyone off, it's very fairy tale-ish. The first two episodes of the first season aren't really that good of an indicator of the show as a whole, I liked them much better after I went back and watched them having completed season 2.
I always tell my friends to skip the first two episodes.

View user profile http://mlpforums.forumotion.com

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum