My Little Pony Forums

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

My Little Pony Forums
My Little Pony Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Still modded!
My Little Pony cosplay, cross-cosplay, or costuming EmptySun Aug 16, 2015 3:18 pm by Fluttershy

» season 4 discussion
My Little Pony cosplay, cross-cosplay, or costuming EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 6:47 pm by Fngr

» Fluttershy's Joy
My Little Pony cosplay, cross-cosplay, or costuming EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 12:59 am by TinyHooves

» Create your own My Little Pony episode or fan-fic
My Little Pony cosplay, cross-cosplay, or costuming EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 6:45 am by EmiTwiPie

» Art Request
My Little Pony cosplay, cross-cosplay, or costuming EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 6:04 am by Rainbow Paint T_T

» Requesting Queen Chrysalis desktop background
My Little Pony cosplay, cross-cosplay, or costuming EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 12:18 am by Rainbow Paint T_T

» Sup Bronies (:D
My Little Pony cosplay, cross-cosplay, or costuming EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 4:20 pm by Rainbow Paint T_T

» *Flops into the forum*
My Little Pony cosplay, cross-cosplay, or costuming EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 12:55 am by Discord

» Hello everypony!
My Little Pony cosplay, cross-cosplay, or costuming EmptyWed May 22, 2013 10:37 pm by Fluttershy

Poll

What Is Your Favorite Song?

My Little Pony cosplay, cross-cosplay, or costuming Vote_lcap19%My Little Pony cosplay, cross-cosplay, or costuming Vote_rcap 19% [ 5 ]
My Little Pony cosplay, cross-cosplay, or costuming Vote_lcap0%My Little Pony cosplay, cross-cosplay, or costuming Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
My Little Pony cosplay, cross-cosplay, or costuming Vote_lcap19%My Little Pony cosplay, cross-cosplay, or costuming Vote_rcap 19% [ 5 ]
My Little Pony cosplay, cross-cosplay, or costuming Vote_lcap11%My Little Pony cosplay, cross-cosplay, or costuming Vote_rcap 11% [ 3 ]
My Little Pony cosplay, cross-cosplay, or costuming Vote_lcap11%My Little Pony cosplay, cross-cosplay, or costuming Vote_rcap 11% [ 3 ]
My Little Pony cosplay, cross-cosplay, or costuming Vote_lcap41%My Little Pony cosplay, cross-cosplay, or costuming Vote_rcap 41% [ 11 ]

Total Votes : 27

Pegasister Sites
Photobucket
Photobucket
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Little Pony cosplay, cross-cosplay, or costuming

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

MyLittleCarouselPony

MyLittleCarouselPony
Foal

Have you ever cosplayed as one of the My Little Pony characters ? Have you ever cross-cosplayed as one of the My Little Pony characters ? Cross-cosplay is when, for example, a genetic male cosplays as a female pony. Do you know of anyone who has done competitive costuming or cosplay of My Little Pony characters at a convention. Did they win anything ? Please post your experiences, pix, and comments on this thread.

Re: cosplay with ponies....
by MyLittleCarouselPony on Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:45 pm

I cosplayed as Nurse Redheart at Bronycon earlier this summer. I entered the Cosplay Contest on Sunday night, but did not win anything. There were many, many others who cosplayed at the Cosplay contest who did a very good job on their pony costumes and portraying their pony characters, but did not win anything. You can see why when you come to know that there were about 45-50 cosplayers, but only two awards, one First Place, and one Runner-Up. The First Place winner was a collage-aged girl who was dressed as Nightmare Moon, as seen in the beginning of the second episode of the first season. Her costume was very well done, with much detail including the helmet that Nightmare Moon wears around her unicorn horn, plus because her costume was partly constructed with shiny black leather, her costume had a " Bondage " appearance to it, which really added to the overall effect.

If I can ever find out how to transfer a pix from the storage file or link in my computer, I will post a pix of myself as Nurse Redheart, as I cosplayed her at the BronyCon Competitive Cosplay.

http://www.thenewmlpfimforums.forumotion.com

Discord

Discord
Chaotic

can say I've never cos played as ponies, I've done the millennium earl, from d grey, and gin from bleach, i want to go as discord when i go to bronycon this summer.

Thistle

Thistle
Ailourophile

Define cosplay?

https://mlpforums.forumotion.com

Discord

Discord
Chaotic

dressing like a character from a show you like.....say my little pony.....you would dress as pinkie pie or any other character.

MyLittleCarouselPony

MyLittleCarouselPony
Foal

Thistle wrote:Define cosplay?

I'll try---

Everybody knows what COSTUMING is, you see it every Holloween, with people dressing up as various characters or objects. When you dress as a character, like a cartoon character, then other people can usually tell who you are portraying. If a group of costuming fans dresses up and enters a contest to see who is dressed the best, like at a masquerade, that is called COMPETITIVE COSTUMING. With competitive costuming, you could be any character or historical figure that you can think of. If a group of ANIME fans want to dress up so they are exclusively portraying characters of Japanese anime, manga, video game characters, or J-Rock stars, that is called COS-PLAY. Cosplay refers only to when you are dressing as and portraying characters of Japanese origin. For example, Hello Kitty is of Japanese origin, so someone who is dresses like Hello Kitty is COSPLAYING.If a fan dresses as one of the Power Puff girls, they would only be doing ordinary costuming, because Power Puff girls are of American origin. If a genetic male portrays a female anime character, like Sailor Moon, that is called CROSS-COSPLAY or CROSSPLAY. When anime fans come together for an anime convention, then many cosplay as their favorite anime character, and enter the competitive costuming contest, and are judged by judges, to see who is the best cosplayer. That competitive costume contest is also called COSPLAY. Since the first two My Little Pony movies were produced in Japan by an anime production company, I tend to call My Little Pony costuming as cosplay, or cross-cosplay, although strictly speaking, the My Little Pony episodes and characters produced in the USA would be just ordinary costuming.

I currently am portraying Nurse Redheart, and entered the competitive costume contest at this summer's BronyCon as Nurse Redheart.

Last edited by MyLittleCarouselPony on Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:02 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : additional thoughts)

MyLittleCarouselPony

MyLittleCarouselPony
Foal

I have been cosplaying and competitive cosplaying since 1997, and over the years, have one four gold medals at various anime conventions, and one second place silver medal.

Thistle

Thistle
Ailourophile

This sounds interesting...

https://mlpforums.forumotion.com

socks922

socks922
Foal

WOW, cosplay sounds fun. Maybe my and my rl friend should do one someday.

Fluttershy

Fluttershy

socks922 wrote:WOW, cosplay sounds fun. Maybe my and my rl friend should do one someday.

Cosplay can be a lot of fun, if you do it for the right reasons, and if you do not allow your efforts to be spoiled by too much competition and rivalry. Similar to what MyLittleCarouselPony has done, I have also cosplayed as anime/manga characters, as well as cosplayed as a My Little Pony character. From what I have seen and experienced, there is a noticeable difference between the two.
For anime/manga cosplay, your efforts are to dress and portray yourself exactly as the anime character that you are doing. If you enter an anime cosplay contest, you would be judged, among many other things, as to how well you are dressed and are protraying your character. Everything must be as close to the animated character as possible.
My Little Pony cosplay is different. Cosplayers do not look, dress, or portray themselves exactly as a little pony. If they did, they would be down on all fours, walking like the little ponies. Instead, My Little Pony cosplayers dress in the fashion style of their character, as well as wearing the unique color combination that each My Little Pony has. It is as if My Little Pony cosplayers portray their character as if their character was a human version of the little pony. If they enter a My Little Pony costume contest, they are judged on how well they are portraying the character's color combination, cutie mark, and the fashion accessories and look that each My Little Pony has.
For example, if one were to portray Applejack, you would not try and dress and act exactly like Applejack, and be down on your hands and knees. Instead, as a teen girl cosplayer, you would be wearing Applejack's cowgirl hat and neckerchief, would have blonde hair styled in Applejack's hairstyle and hair ribbons, you would possibly be wearing a denim mini-skirt, be wearing Applejack's cowgirl boots as shown in one of the episodes, have Applejack's cutie mark on the side of your mini-skirt, etc, etc.
I hope this helps you if and when you decide to begin to cosplay.

socks922

socks922
Foal

Fluttershy wrote:
socks922 wrote:WOW, cosplay sounds fun. Maybe my and my rl friend should do one someday.

Cosplay can be a lot of fun, if you do it for the right reasons, and if you do not allow your efforts to be spoiled by too much competition and rivalry. Similar to what MyLittleCarouselPony has done, I have also cosplayed as anime/manga characters, as well as cosplayed as a My Little Pony character. From what I have seen and experienced, there is a noticeable difference between the two.
For anime/manga cosplay, your efforts are to dress and portray yourself exactly as the anime character that you are doing. If you enter an anime cosplay contest, you would be judged, among many other things, as to how well you are dressed and are protraying your character. Everything must be as close to the animated character as possible.
My Little Pony cosplay is different. Cosplayers do not look, dress, or portray themselves exactly as a little pony. If they did, they would be down on all fours, walking like the little ponies. Instead, My Little Pony cosplayers dress in the fashion style of their character, as well as wearing the unique color combination that each My Little Pony has. It is as if My Little Pony cosplayers portray their character as if their character was a human version of the little pony. If they enter a My Little Pony costume contest, they are judged on how well they are portraying the character's color combination, cutie mark, and the fashion accessories and look that each My Little Pony has.
For example, if one were to portray Applejack, you would not try and dress and act exactly like Applejack, and be down on your hands and knees. Instead, as a teen girl cosplayer, you would be wearing Applejack's cowgirl hat and neckerchief, would have blonde hair styled in Applejack's hairstyle and hair ribbons, you would possibly be wearing a denim mini-skirt, be wearing Applejack's cowgirl boots as shown in one of the episodes, have Applejack's cutie mark on the side of your mini-skirt, etc, etc.
I hope this helps you if and when you decide to begin to cosplay.
Wow, thanks for the nice and detailed description on cosplay. I might go and try it now.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum